Friday 2 August 2013

Running - training etc.

HI all,
I will attempt to write every so often of how my running is going...
My goal is to run a marathon. I originally wanted to run the Townsville marathon, however I cam into some financial strife and could not afford to buy shoes, nor the entry fee .
From my tax return I paid for shoes and the entry fee for the half instead.

Even dough I was nor able to participate i trained as if I would run this marathon.
Regular speed and tempo work and of-course LSD (Long Slow Distance)!

Samantha Forster asked me to train her for the half marathon, and unbeknown to her, she trained me as much as me training her :D

To have someone to go for a run with, seem to be a great impetus to get out, when it is cold windy or damn to early!

So on the way I did do the 10km time trial at the Dam (Townsville Road Runners club run) In about 47 min 35sec, just outside my personal best :)
a few weeks later we did a 6km run and my average was 4.36min/km which was 7sec faster then my PB :)

My first half marathon was in Ayr last year and I run it in 1hr 45 min 10sec. so now my goal is to beat that and stay under 5min/km :)

No comments:

Post a Comment