Tuesday 20 August 2013

Skyrim creation kit


As I mentioned in other posts, I am attempted to write a book. I used Neverwinter Nights' creation kit to create scenes, for me to visualise it better. To physically see if it makes sense what I ahve in my head.

Neverwinter nights (NWN) is a Role Playing Game (RPG ), created in the mid 1990s. Now, 20 years later, it doesnt  play on the newer Operating System (OS) like W7 and W8.

Meet Skyrim Creation Kit (SCK)  Better, newer, more realistic then ever! I am playing the game, and using the tutorial of the SCK.  So I will recreate the previous scenes (see pics elsewhere) .

The SCK is very similar to the NWN's so the learning curve is not as steep as I expected. Creating RPG worlds combines all the things I love doing with the computer. I am visual, so I can show what I have in my head :). My logical mind is at home in the programming languages, so I am salivating at the thought of working with the programming parts of the quests !

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment